Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Prelim minutes of 5/25 ws-rx conf call

From below:
Doug B: (from chat) concretely: use a soap:mustUnderstand header which is handled using normal SOAP processing model, the given element's qname would be associated with semantics defined in the relevant WS-RM extension, the SOAP processor doesn't have to know the details of this extension just that a handler knows what to do

+1

I have tried to make this point repeatedly in the past. The whole point of the SOAP header
with mU=true is just to test that the extension is understood. Nothing more, nothing less. It need not
reference an explicit instance of the extension. It is merely there to say: if the processor doesn't
know what to do with this extension, DO NOT process this message.

STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=440
phone: +1 508 377 9295