Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i089 joint proposal - WSDL

Yes any soap envelope that the receiver of the MakeConnection (e.g. the server) deems appropriate to send is a message.  Whether its an app message or just a ack it doesn't matter.  Remember, the only difference between this setup and a normal async one is how the connection is established - beyond that what message flows from the server back to the client is up to the server.
-Doug

"Marc Goodner" <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

06/01/2006 05:35 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
RE: [ws-rx] i089 joint proposal - WSDL

So that’s my other related question on this, in this mechanism is an ack considered a message? You state in the text that no soap envelope is to be returned if there isn’t a “message” waiting for the requestor. That sounds like application message, I’m guessing you consider a ack as a message though.

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent:
Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:06 PM
To:
ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
RE: [ws-rx] i089 joint proposal - WSDL

Its modeled as a one-way - there is no formal response - as in the case where we hijack a 202 and replace it with an Ack, we hijack the 202 and replace it with a polled message.

thanks,

-Doug

"Marc Goodner" <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

06/01/2006 04:42 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
RE: [ws-rx] i089 joint proposal - WSDL

What does the WSDL for this look like? The proposal says it is one-way but it seems a response is expected. Shouldn’t it have a response of type xs:any?