Subject: RE: [ws-rx] proposal for i122, i123, and i124

Gil,

In your proposal for 121 that you are working on I suggest you consider making sure this is covered. I believe the current section 5 on security considerations expresses some of these requirements. Those should not be lost.

From: Gilbert Pilz [mailto:Gilbert.Pilz@bea.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:56 PM
To: Christopher B Ferris; ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

I think this proposal needs to clarify the assumed relationship between the lifetime of a Sequence and the lifetime of the "security session" referenced by the STR. Stefan indicated on the call today that Sequence lifetime <= security session lifetime. I can see how this assumption makes the authorization decision easy to implement ("if a message comes over this security session then the message must be from my Sequence peer") but I'm not sure if its an operationally viable assumption, particularly if you are using SSL/TLS.

- gp