Subject: RE: [ws-rx] [NEW ISSUE] RM SeqID Globally Unique

+1

I hope we can adopt this on tomorrow’s call.

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:27 PM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-rx] [NEW ISSUE] RM SeqID Globally Unique

Title: RM SeqID Globally Unique

Justification:
in WD13.pdf, line 142 the spec says:
   The RM Destination creates a new Sequence and returns its globally unique identifier.

That's the only spot we talk about the seqID being globally unique.
We do say that the Offered SeqID needs to be "unique" and we say that Sequence headers (acks...) MUST use unique seqID's but we never actually say that the seqID returned by the CS needs to be unique.  To be explicit we should say that.

Proposal:
In WD13.pdf, line 286 says:
The RM Destination MUST set the value of this element to the absolute URI (conformant with RFC3986
[URI]) of the Sequence that has been created by the RM Destination.

I proposal we change it to:
The RM Destination MUST set the value of this element to the absolute URI (conformant with RFC3986
[URI]) that uniquely identifies of the Sequence that has been created by the RM Destination.

And remove the word "globally" from line 142 (the sample flow text).  We should either not use the word 'globally' at all or use it for all instances of 'unique' - [flip coin]: I propose we remove it.