Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Editorial messages have to be received forthem to be examined:

Bob,

"Accept" probably needs a definition tied with our new "discard" term.
Does "accept" mean exactly the opposite of "discard"?  Either define it
or use "not discard" and similar wording.

Separately, in your "[NEW ISSUE] Rollover underspecified, state of
sequence is unclear" thread, you seem to argue for a new Sequence state
distinct from[1] non-existent (RMD unaware), active (RMD aware and
accepting), closed (RMD aware but not accepting), and terminated (RMD
unaware, has this been folded back into non-existent?).  That is, a new
state in which only the missing messages in a gap-filled Sequence are
accepted.  The text below does not allow for such a state.  Do I
understand correctly?

thanx,
    doug

[1] my apologies for all incorrect names, I haven't grokked the latest
state tables yet