Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Updated proposal for i121

More comments nested ever deeper . . .

I stand corrected. I'll add Prateek's suggestion to remove references to
encryption from the proposal.

[stuff removed]

> <QUOTE>
> My thinking was that a shared SC is a pre-condition to
> protecting a Sequence using WS-SC. How the RMS and RMD
> established that shared SC is out of scope of the WS-RM
> specification in the same way that the means and mechanisms
> for establishing an SSL/TLS session are out of scope as well.
> </QUOTE>
>
> Yes, but one can think of RM-specific usage of the SC models
> which should be described in a security section of the RM
> spec. Prateek and I had a very productive side discussions on
> that and are working on a proposal.
>
> Unfortunately, we won't be able to submit it before Monday 10th.
> Apologies to the TC for the delay, but I hope people will
> then have a chance to review it next week so that we can
> discuss it on the 7/13 call.

At this point I'd really like to move ahead and get the new chapter 5 in
place with the understanding that there will be further modifications.
We can take those up as additional issues and resolve them individually.
I'm afraid that if we keep revising proposals that everyone seems to
mostly agree with we will end up dragging the process out.

- gp