Subject: RE: [ws-rx] State tables, July 5 version and diffs from June 29 version

Comments in-line:

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:57 PM
To: Bob Freund-Hitachi
Cc: [WS-RX]

More comments on the state tables:

RMS Table:
Why does "<CloseSequence>" have the <>'s?

Because it is optional per Section 3.2

In the SeqAck(final) [msg] row, I think you just can just "Process Ack" not "Process Ack/Nack" since a final Ack can't contain a Nack.

You are correct as much as it irks me.

InvalidAck [msg] row, I'm not sure they would generate an InvalidAckFault since that seems to imply they may be sent in response to this msg,  I think an 'No action' is more consistent with you other cells.

No, Spec says the fault happens (see Sec 4.4)

Event occurs upon the receipt of the RMS of an invalid acknowledgement range

RMD Table:
CloseSequence autonomously and SeqAck autonomously have <>'s

They are both optional.

Still don't get the differ between N/A and blank.  :-)

Blank means we don’t say anything about the combo. N/A says we would be daft if we tried

thanks,
-Doug

"Bob Freund-Hitachi" <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com>

07/05/2006 06:02 PM

"[WS-RX]" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>

[ws-rx] State tables, July 5 version and diffs from June 29 version

Changes state names from connecting/connected to creating/created
Changes xmit faults to generate failts
Other minor references[attachment "wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-15-ith-ST-Edits2006-07-05.doc" deleted by Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM] [attachment "wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-15-ith-ST-Edits2006-07-05-diffs.doc" deleted by Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM]