Subject: Fw: [ws-rx] Issue i147 - make your choice!

Hi all,

I'd hoped we would have time to discuss this issue on the last call, but
it didn't happen. What I'd like is for the TC to express the direction
that you'd like to take, and then I'll do the legwork to get a concrete
proposal on list before Thursday. Hopefully that will give us at least one
easy issue this week :)

There are currently 3 directions on offer:

1. Add extensibility, so that it is consistently everywhere. This is the
proposal 1 in the original issue
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i147

2. Remove some extensibility, so that only top-level elements allow
extensions. This is proposal 2 in the issue
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i147

3. Do minimal change to get the exemplars, text, and schema in sync (with
that order - e.g. no exemplar change, and force the schema into line
last).
This is my interpretation of what Chris and Marc suggested, but we don't
have concrete text for it yet. Arguably, this is a delta that can be
managed by the editors.

My opinion is that I can go with Chris / Marc's preferred option of
minimal change at this point in the spec lifecycle. Equally, I'd be happy
with 2 (the changes may look scary, but they mostly just remove
extensibility from the wsrm:Identifier element, and I'm not sure when
you'd want to extend that).

If you can let me know how you feel about this one then we should be able
to get some consensus before the call.

Thanks

Matt

"Marc Goodner" <mgoodner@microsoft.com> wrote on 06/07/2006 17:34:19:

> +1

Final,
> > Nack; but the detail has Final, Nack, None. Reorder the detail to
follow
> > the order that the elements are introduced in the exemplar.
> >

> > SequenceFault exemplar
> > Line 915. I believe the intent is to allows attributes as well as
elements
> > here, so add another ellipsis to the exemplar. The corresponding
> > description is already there.
> >
> > Fault detail sections:
> > Line 948: Delete another ellipsis from a wsrm:Identifier element
> > Line 958: Delete another ellipsis from a wsrm:Identifier element
> > Line 975: Delete another ellipsis from a wsrm:Identifier element
> > Line 994: Delete another ellipsis from a wsrm:Identifier element
> >
> > Line 967: This exemplar reuses the SequenceAcknowledgement type, so
the
> > use of the ellipsis here is a bit misleading. Perhaps better to write
the
> > exemplar as the following (the type name should be in italics).
> > "<wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgement> wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgementType
> > </wsrmSequenceAcknowledgement>"
> > I'm not sure if we can use the type name here as the schema definition
of
> > the SequenceAcknowledgement element uses a anonymous complex type...
but I