Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Revised proposal #2 for i122 - i124

Let's focus in on one claim you have made below. (all emphasis below mine)

“There is NO impact on SecurityPolicy since our proposal does not introduce a new STR to the WSS header.”

This is not true. To quote your own proposal:

“One OPTIONAL means of achieving this objective is to include a security token using an additional wsse:SecurityTokenReference element from WS-Security in the SOAP security header of the message containing the CreateSequence element.”

The presence of that additional STR is also present in your message examples.

So looking at this more carefully I now feel that your proposal is particularly unsuited for use with current WSS implementations. The use of an STR in root of the WSS header is unexpected per what is described in WSS, see Appendix D of WSS 1.1 in particular. So I find your proposal to add this STR to the WSS header to be something that most WSS processors today would find unexpected and therefore the message would not be processed. I now see this as one of the most serious flaws in your proposal.

Regarding your claim that there is no impact on SecurityPolicy, that is also incorrect. There is NO SecurityPolicy binding that describes the presence of a STR in the root of the WSS header. Therefore you could not today describe what you are proposing using SP.