Subject: STV votes and Kavi

We have had a few suggestions that we use Single Transferrable Voting
during the lifetime of this TC. Unfortunately Kavi doesn't help with that, and
in addition its not 100% clear whether we are allowed by Robert's Rules to use
STV.

While thinking about this I realized that Kavi effectively supports
a primitive type of STV already - its called "changing your vote".

Most votes on Kavi allow you to modify your vote up until the end of the
ballot. STV is basically a model that allows you to specify *in advance* how you want
your vote to be changed in case your first choice isn't successful. The Kavi equivalent
of that is you go in and look at the vote and see how its going and
modify your vote right then and there.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf