Subject: RE: FW: [ws-rx] Revised proposal #2 for i122 - i124

Chris,

the WSSUtility class offers also methods to retrieve the STRs from the WSS header at the receiver side. The only thing that needs to be done is to filter the result set for the STR with the @Usage attribute set to the URI value, which can be achieved using the Java DOM API (*no* XPath processor required).

- Martin

From: Christopher B Ferris [mailto:chrisfer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006 21:55
To: Raepple, Martin
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

The concern was on the receiving side... how does the RM layer ask the WSS stack for the token with the
relevant @Usage atttribute without having to have the whole SOAP message to parse through? You mentioned
using an XPath, but again, that presumes that one has a representation of the SOAP envelope that can
be processed against the XPath as opposed to the approach in which the token is right there in the CS
body (as it were) and no query is needed.

IMO, there will still be significant changes necessary to the security stack to implement a means of
askig it for the token that secures RM. That is a non-trivial change to code that is already widely deployed.

STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=440
phone: +1 508 377 9295