Subject: Re: [ws-rx] proposal to address issue 140

Bob,
  for InvalidAck - should it really close the sequence?  Since Acks are just informational I'm not so sure they should initiate the closing down of a sequence even when they have bad data - I'd prefer to let the receiver of the InvalidAck fault make that decision for itself ( see 5.1.3).
  for seqClosed - I don't think the "action upon receipt" should be to terminate - I think 'close' would be more appropriate.

btw - there were changes to the expires text in the pdf - I'm assuming those were left over from other other work and not related to this, right?

-Doug

"Bob Freund-Hitachi" <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com>

07/27/2006 05:59 AM

"[WS-RX]" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] proposal to address issue 140

Anish has been kind enough to prepare the attached draft proposal to address issue 140.

While preparing this draft, some additional points were raised which we enumerate below:

Sequence Terminated Fault:
There is no text that details under what conditions a sequence terminated fault might be raised other than mention of a vague “protocol error”.
One way to address this is to list some or all of the conditions in section 4, however it is more concise to represent these in the state tables of appendix D were normative.

Unsupported Selection
This fault description deserves elucidation

Thanks
-bob[attachment "wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-15-issue140.pdf" deleted by Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM]