Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Editorial issues with the latest editor's draft

> Table 1, which lists the namespaces referenced in the spec, should
> include wsse (as used in section 6.1). If we do not want to nominate
> a specific level of the spec then we should list the alternatives.
> c.f. the definition for prefix 'S'.

I believe we need only add the following namespace prefix to the table:

Prefix Namespace
wsse
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secex
t-1.0.xsd

As stated in WSS 1.1 [1]:

"This specification is backwardly compatible with version 1.0. This
means that URIs and schema elements defined in 1.0 remain unchanged and
new schema elements and constants are defined using 1.1 namespaces and
URIs."

it is backwards compatible with WSS 1.0 and only NEW elements or
attributes were defined in the WSS 1.1 namespace.  Since our spec only
refers to wsse:SecurityTokenReference we only need to refer to the WSS
1.0 namespace.

BTW, searching for wsse in the current Editor's draft finds the
reference in the change log for when it was removed.  Checking the draft
it was removed from or the contributed specification confirms that only
one value was used.

/paulc

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16790/wss-v1.1-spec-os
-SOAPMessageSecurity.pdf
[2]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200506
/msg00022.html

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com

Therefore
> they both have element and attribute extensibility, as defined by
WS-A.
> However the exemplar (and following text) illustrates them
differently. My
> suggestion to the editors is that we strike the ellipsis from AcksTo,
and
> delete lines 318 - 320.
>
> Line 349 seems to be in the wrong font. Ditto 373.
>
> We should move lines 362 - 372 above 356.
>
> The create sequence response exemplar and text should be updated in
line
> with the other EndpointReferences. My suggestion is to delete the
> ellipsis, and strike lines 445-447.
>
> 3.2 Closing a sequence
> Line 479 - 481. We have a repetition of 'wherever possible'. Please
strike
> the second occurrence, and surrounding punctuation.
>
> 3.6 Sequence acknowledgement
> Move the text about None (lines 739 - 743) up to line 722 (e.g. just
after
> AcknowledgementRange)
>
> 3.7 MakeConnection
> Line 773. I'm not sure if this reads better with an 's' -- "which may
be
> used to uniquely identify anonymous endpoint*s*", or make it singular
> "which may be used to uniquely identify *an* anonymous endpoint".
>
> Line 776: Typo {uudi} for {uuid}
>
> Section 5.2.2
> Line 1201: Typo [WS-SecureConverstaion]
> Line 1279: Typo missing space in "key(e.g.,"
> Line 1289: Typo replace "an" with "and". Also insert "the" after the
comma
> in "headers, *the* fault behaviour"
> Compare <wsrm:UsesSequenceSTR> and <wsrm:UseSequenceSSL> should it be
Use