Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Public Review of WS-Reliable Messaging and WS-Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion v1.1

Hi Chris,

  Answers inline.

Regards,

Mary

From: Christopher B Ferris [mailto:chrisfer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 8:10 AM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

Mary/paul/Sanjay,

I would note that the specs et al are not yet posted on the public WS-RX page. Additionally, there is
no mention of the public review on the main oasis-open page in the section for reviews.

[mpm] Maintenance of the TC Public Home Page is the responsibility of the TC Chair/Secretary; staff - by default - does not automatically update this page.

Public review was officially announced last evening (approx 9pm ET); request was forwarded to OASIS webmaster to update the OASIS home page. That will most likely happen today, and we have daily "publish" events that happen mid-afternoon so you can expect to see the updated OASIS home page late this afternoon ET.

If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to witness it, does it make a sound?
[mpm] I think sending an announcement to 4100+ individuals probably made at least a slight noise; at least it did on my laptop where I got about a dozen "I'm on holiday" messages :-)

If a spec is put out for public review, but there is no evidence of that review in the public eye, does it get
reviewed?
[mpm] I think the TC had several different lists where they intended to post the notiification message; I hope that happens!

Cheers,
[mpm] One of the topics for discussion in the TAB (remember them? - we miss you!) is how to improve the quality of a public review -- getting the word out, informational materials, etc. If you have any thoughts/suggestions please forward them to me!

Thanks!

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com