Subject: PR issue 3 - WS-Addressing comment/question related to WS-RM

This is PR issue 3 (PR003).

Note the PR issue list should be up by tomorrow, location TBD.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Freund [mailto:bob@freunds.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:00 AM
To: ws-rx-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

As chair of WS-Addressing I am forwarding the following comment made by one of our members:

"

I've been puzzling through the spaghetti of dependant specs for a while, and haven't determined conclusively how to reconcile the WSDL in Appendix B with the MakeConnection example in Appendix C.6.

The WSDL describes request-response operations such as CreateSequence, with input CreateSequence and output CreateSequenceResponse messages.
While the WSDL doesn't describe a binding for this, it is easy to imagine a straightforward way to bind this to a SOAP/HTTP request-response.

However, the MakeConnection example shows a MakeConnection message resulting in a CreateSequence response message, which then results in a CreateSequenceResponse messages, followed by an HTTP 202.  That is, the first request corresponds to a one-way message (no problem here), the first response corresponds to a request of a request-response, and the second request corresponds to the response of a request-response.

What standard binding could be used to describe this behavior?  I can't find any of the specs (WSDL 1.1, WSDL 2.0, WS-I BP) that explicitly say the WSDL-described request message must be mapped to an HTTP request, but I'm also not aware of any implementation that allows requests to be mapped to anything else.  Is this just a too-obvious-to-state loophole or am I missing something?"

Thanks

-bob