Subject: RE: [ws-rx] PR issue 1 - WS-Addressing comment on ws-rm related to use of extended anonymous uri

The origins of this go back to a struggle in WS-Addressing between
"reference parameters" and "reference properties". Reference parameters
are supposed to be opaque to everyone except the minter of the EPR. The
proto-usecase is a service consumer disambiguating callback operations
by placing unique parameters in its ReplyTo EPRs. Using reference
parameters to communicate identity information from the service consumer
to the service provider (which is what this idea entails) basically
turns them into "reference properties". The problem with reference
properties is that there is *no* such thing (the WS-Addressing WG said
so).

It's ironic that the WS-Addressing WG first said "there is no such thing
as reference properties" then turns around and says "maybe you should
solve this problem using reference properties".

- gp