Subject: Re: [ws-rx] PR issue 1 - WS-Addressing comment on ws-rm related touse of extended anonymous uri

Aha I remember now! I knew there was some discussion. Maybe I'm getting
senile.

So the real issue in using anon+refparam is that a polling reference
parameter would be minted by the client but the server would need to
look at it (especially this one) in order to compare the EPR of the
incoming request with the EPR of a stored message. So the real question
is what "opaque" means.

I agree that the WS-A WG might be a little more helpful. What it boils
down to is that for this half of polling model we need a way of ensuring
that a client can mint a clearly unique and comparable anonymous EPR.
We want the protocol to define a scheme for those EPRs with a place for
a unique ID, and we have to be able to compare these EPRs and
disambiguate them at the server side. I think the issue around opacity
is that we wish to imbue a specific reference parameter with special
weight when it comes to EPR comparison.

I personally think that is a fair enough requirement onto WSA and maybe
we should take their advice on what the best approach is. If they are
saying that a reference parameter is the right way to do that, and that
we aren't breaking the opacity of the refparam by using it for
comparison purposes, then maybe we should accept their judgement and use
that approach.

Paul