Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Usage of Ref parms for WS-Reliable Messaging

> It is a polling mechanism defined by WSRM and we say how it is used
> in the context of RM.
> If someone else find it useful then they can use it and answer those
> questions in their context, WSRM doesn't not have to do that.

The danger in doing this is that when someone else tries to use the polling mechanism they find that they have to use it in a way that conflicts with the usage pattern defined by WSRM.  Then we are left with a feature that can have different semantics depending on which other features it is composed with.

And of course the worst case scenario is when you want to use WSRM and the second spec that defines different semantics together and you cannot use the polling mechanism because it is not obvious which semantics apply.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com