Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Issue 28: MakeConnection preconditions are unclear

Sorry, not true.  MSFT's proposal does not address any preconditions since the ability to support MC should be known before the CS is sent, not after.  Sending a MCRefued in response to a MC is too late in the game.  No matter which version of MC lives on I think some policy assertion will be needed so the server-side can advertise that it will support MC, or not.  I was assuming we could use this issue to add that.

As for Jonathan's text about either side needing to be in possession of the RManonURI - short answer is 'no' - only the minter (client) needs to know what the value is.

thanks

STSM | Web Services Architect | IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905 | IBM T/L 444-6906 | dug@us.ibm.com

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

11/14/2006 11:34 AM

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>, Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>, "ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
RE: [ws-rx] Issue 28: MakeConnection preconditions are unclear

In the proposal we made for PR001 I don’t believe the below is an issue. The expected setup for MakeConection is defined.

I agree that if we close PR001 with no action that the current spec will need to be changed to address this problem.