Subject: Re: [ws-rx] PR Issue 19 Use of AckRequested

I wonder if they were looking for a deterministic mechanism from the RMS's perspective, not the RMD's perspective.  Meaning, the RMS shouldn't expect an Ack unless it explicitly asks for one.  Dunno. Basically, I agree we should close w/no action.

thanks

STSM | Web Services Architect | IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905 | IBM T/L 444-6906 | dug@us.ibm.com

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

11/14/2006 08:04 PM

"ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] PR Issue 19 Use of AckRequested

PR Issue 19, Use of AckRequested http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/pr/Issues.xml#i019, asks that AckREquested be the sole mechanism used to return Acks. I think the specification already allows this behavior and there is no reason to require it. I think we discussed this already under issue 10 as well and specifically left this capability in the spec. I propose we close this issue with no action.