Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Re: Groups - oasis - New ballot "Straw poll for issuePR001"

I don’t think the change in course WSA is taking with respect to the anonymous WSDL marker should be read as a sign that the RM anon URI fits well with WSA overall. After all, the WSA WG did decide to issue an errata to strike the text in the WSA SOAP Binding suggesting that other specs define their own anonymous URIs.

“Resolution:Text indicating that other specifications may define URIs with behavior similiar to wsa:anonymous shall be removed from the rec version of the SOAP binding.” http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/6/11/06-ws-addr-minutes.html

I’d also like to point to the table I sent in a little while ago that shows what our remaining work may look like depending on which of the options we choose to address PR issue 1. http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200611/msg00159.html

I think weighing the amount of future effort related to either choice should be a consideration in choosing the right alternative.

Regards,

Marc g

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:22 AM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

Given WS-Addressing is headed down the path of using policy instead of a wsdl marker to signal which WSA defined URIs can (can not) be used - I suspect that our proposal for PR001 isn't going to be the right solution - although it was just a recommendation anyway.  Once WSA nails down their final solution we can figure out the proper add-ons we need (if any).  But in the meantime, I'd like to remove IBM's proposal from consideration - but if the ballot can not be altered then I'd like to suggest those who may have supported IBM's proposal to simply vote for "close w/no action" since its about the same thing anyway.  :-)

thanks

STSM | Web Services Architect | IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905 | IBM T/L 444-6906 | dug@us.ibm.com

workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org

11/13/2006 03:39 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

Groups - oasis - New ballot "Straw poll for issue PR001"

OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC member,

A new ballot has been presented to OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC.
To vote on this ballot, go here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/ballot.php?id=1147

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email; instead, vote using the above link.

The text of this ballot is as follows:
---
"Straw poll for issue PR001"
Please choose your most favorite option.

- Proposal by IBM - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200609/msg00014.html
- Proposal by Microsoft - http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200611/msg00016.html
- Close with no action
- Other