Subject: RE: [ws-rx] PR Issue 13 SequenceAcknowledgement protocol responsefor AcksTo = wsa:anonymous

Paul,

We can't describe HTTP binding issues in our spec, underlying transports are simply out of scope. I don't have any issue with recommending they forward this issue to a group like WS-I's RSP WG where HTTP is in scope of their work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:paul@wso2.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 12:08 AM
To: Marc Goodner
Cc: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

Marc

In the case of AckRequested over an anon HTTP connection, I believe the
RMD should respond directly. After all it doesn't know when the next
HTTP connection will come in to respond on. So I think they have a point
and we should state this.

Paul

Marc Goodner wrote:

> PR Issue 13,
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/pr/Issues.xml#i013 , asks if
> an ack needs to be mapped to the original HTTP Response for the
> message. It also suggests that maybe wsaAnonymous is not an allowed
> value for acksTo and if so should be explicitly forbidden.
>
> I do not believe wsa:Anonymous should be barred from use in acksTo. I
> think the spec is pretty clear that the only barred value is wsa:None.
>
> I don't think we can address the mapping of an ack in this case to the
> HTTP layer as the underlying binding is out of our scope. In this case
> I think the specification already allows flexibility to send an ack on
> the HTTP response for the original request, or on a subsequent request
> including using AckRequested.
>
> If everyone else agrees I suggest we provide that feedback and close
> this issue with no action.

VP/Technology and Partnerships, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle