Subject: PR33 - Re: [ws-rx] NEW Issue back-channel not defined

All,

Bob and I have noodled on a definition of backchannel that we believe addresses the concerns expressed in PR33

Proposed resolution:

Add the following definiton to the glossary section as follows:

Backchannel: The term Backchannel as used in this specification means a transport protocol specific facility that allows transmission of a protocol response message on a given connection in the direction towards the entity that initiated that connection.

STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295