Subject: RE: [ws-rx] strawman proposal for delivery assurance in policy for RM

With all due respect to the submitters of PR009 and PR035, I think they are
mistaken in assuming that, because WS-RM doesn't say *how* to implement
things like duplicate elimination, message ordering, etc., they can't use
WS-RM to meet those requirements. The TC had a long, hard time figuring out
the nuances of the relationship between the WS-RM protocol and DAs and I
think we have got it right.

I think the only problem we have is that our spec doesn't contain any
language that directly addresses the relationship between the WS-RM protocol
and the implementation of delivery assurances. We need to make it clear
that:

1.) the information provided by the WS-RM protocol can be used to implement
"at least once" and "exactly once" semantics with ordered and non-ordered
variations of each.

2.) delivery assurances are treated as a private contract between the AD and
the RMD and are not covered by the spec

3.) the WS-RM protocol works in the same manner regardless of the delivery
assurance in effect for a particular sequence

- gp

smime.p7s