Subject: RE: Issue 163: Update RM and MC policy assertions per Policy 1.5guidelines

Sorry, we used issue 162 on the last call. This one will be issue 163.

From: Marc Goodner
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:02 AM
To: Marc Goodner; ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

Issue 162

From: Marc Goodner [mailto:mgoodner@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 9:03 AM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR START A DISCUSSISON THREAD UNTIL THE ISSUE IS ASSIGNED A NUMBER.
The issues coordinators will notify the list when that has occurred.

Title: Update RM and MC policy assertions per Policy 1.5 guidelines
Protocol:  ws-rmp, ws-mc
Artifact:  spec
Type: editorial

I’ve reviewed the Policy 1.5 guidelines doc and in general didn’t find much, see attached. The one thing we didn’t do was handle in prose what to do for wsp:Ignorable according to guidelines 9 (describe in prose) and 10 (describe in XML). In many instances we’ve handled the XML job by already. The instances where it isn’t handled is where there is attribute extensibility, say for wsp:Optional, which would incorrectly permit the use of wsp:Ignorable. So we can pull the RM and MC assertions into shape from the guidelines perspective by adding prose that it isn’t allowed. For RM that would be a specific statement for the only assertion that allows attribute extensibility, and a similar change for the MC assertion. My suggested text follows.

Proposal:

For RM Policy, add the following statement to the end of section 2.2

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.1-spec-os-01.html#_Toc160540908

The RM policy assertion MUST NOT include the wsp:Ignorable attribute in its attributes with a value of true.

For MC, add the following statement to the end of section 3.4

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/wsmc-1.0-spec-os-01.html#_Toc162743908

The MakeConnection policy assertion MUST NOT include the wsp:Ignorable attribute in its attributes with a value of true.