Subject: Minutes and raw transcript of 2/14 conf-call

Title: Minutes and raw transcript of 2/14 conf-call

Action Items:
Chairs to read Jeff's advice on planned changes to OASIS TC process and come up with an updated schedule
Editors:  update sx refs, update version to 1.2, and remove ref to policy 1.2

Motions:
Have a electronic ballot for approving the next editors draft (update sx refs, update version to 1.2, and remove ref to policy 1.2) as  Committee Draft. Editors draft by 2/21, start the ballot by 2/28.

Next Call:
Feb 28, 2008 at 1PM Pacific Time

Raw chat:
Room information was updated by: Dug

Toll free: 1-800-338-9779
Toll:      1-719-457-0711
PC:        137798

anonymous morphed into Eisaku Nishiyama

anonymous morphed into Ian Jones

anonymous morphed into RSalz

anonymous morphed into Nobuyuki

Chis morphed into Chris

anonymous morphed into Diane Jordan

anonymous morphed into Sara Mitchell

anonymous morphed into Dave Orchard

Sanjay: scribe: Sanjay

anish: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/event.php?event_id=17861

anish: Agenda: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/event.php?event_id=17861

Paul Fremantle:  1. Roll Call

2. Review of Agenda

3. Approval of Minutes from Jan 17th 2008

4. New Issues

5. Issues Discussion
a> i162 Update WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-SecureConversation, and WS-Trust references

6. Editor's status

7. Ongoing TC Schedule
Previously discussed plan for version 1.2:
30 Jan 2008: Editors to complete final CD drafts, referring to anticipated SX 1.4 PR drafts.
Feb 7: Ballot to approve CD drafts as PR drafts. Full majority vote required.
Feb 21 Apr 21: 60 day public review. These dateS, and all subsequent dates will be gated by SX since we cannot progress ahead of SX.

May 1: Discuss any PR feedback. Editors prepare CS drafts.
May 7. Begin ballots to approve committee spec and to submit for OASIS membership approval
May 14 Complete ballot. Submit committee specs to OASIS for OASIS standard ballot.
June 1: OASIS to inform membership of forthcoming ballot
June 16: Membership ballot starts.
June 30. Voting period ends. All being well, we have an OASIS standard.

8. Next calls
Feb 21, ...

9. AOB

Sanjay: topic: 3. Approval of Minutes from Jan 17th 2008

anonymous morphed into Mitch Upton

Sanjay: m: Dug, s: charlie. Passed unanimously

Sanjay: Minutes approved

Sanjay: topic: 4. New Issues

Sanjay: No new issues

Sanjay: topic: 5. Issues Discussion
a> i162 Update WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-SecureConversation, and WS-Trust references

Sanjay: Paul: We need to create updated specs with new references to WS-SX spec as part of issue 162 resolution

Sanjay: Doug Bunting: Main reason we need 1.2 spec is because we just did errata. References to WS-SX specs are non normative.

Sanjay: PaulF: the other option would be to wait another 6 months and do another  errata rev.

Sanjay: Colleen: It would be cleaner to do v.next and leave errata for what they should be for

Sanjay: Anish: Does the decision on errata affect v.next?

Sanjay: JeffM: No. There is no dependency between errata and v.next

Sanjay: Dug: not more than one errata in a 6 months period

Sanjay: Sanjay: SX TC has agreed to provide stable namespace URI, but there is not referenceable stable spec draft yet

Sanjay: Doug Bunting: In anticipation of SX TC providing stable draft of specs, we can work on our drafts

Doug Bunting: suggested references:

Doug Bunting: [WSSecPolicy]       OASIS Standard, WS-SecurityPolicy 1.3, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200802.

[WSSecConv]        OASIS Standard, WS-SecureConversation 1.3, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-secureconversation/200512.

[WSTrust]              OASIS Standard, WS-Trust 1.4, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200802.

Sanjay: JeffM: Do we reference specs or not?

Sanjay: Doug Bunting: We are inconsistent

Paul Fremantle: seems to me that by the time we've sorted this out we will be allowed to do another errata

Paul Fremantle: sorry Anish

Doug Bunting good point Anish, dependencies but no cross-dependencies

Doug Bunting: we don't have anything to vote to progress to CD until the editors create their ED documents

Sanjay: ACTION: Editors to create drafts of 1.2 specifications with updated references (name space URI, spec name)

jeffm:

anish: dug can paste a link to the doc that you said was posted to the site?

Dug: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702  and wsmc and wsrmp

Sanjay: wsrmp ref - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.1-errata-cs-01.pdf

Dug: AI for editors:  update sx refs, update version to 1.2, and remove ref to policy 1.2

Sanjay: have a electronic ballot for approving the next editors draft (update sx refs, update version to 1.2, and remove ref to policy 1.2) as  Committee Draft

Sanjay: m:Sanjay, s:Doug Bunting

anish: btw, i found the minutes where we approved update the ws-policy ref: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/25950/MinutesWSRX-100407r1.htm

Sanjay: Editors draft: by middle of next week

anish: the issue and resolution is logged at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i159

Sanjay: Editors draft by 2/21, start the ballot by 2/28

Sanjay: m: Sanjay, s: Dug

Sanjay: Next call on 2/28

Sanjay: no objections to amendment. amendment carried

Sanjay: no objections to amended motion. motion carried unan.

Sanjay: ACTION: Chairs to read Jeff's advice and come up with an updated schedule

Sanjay: Meeting adjourned at 14:06 PM Pacific.