Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Reference to WS-SecureConversation

Marc - understood, I'm just trying to figure out what label to put in the reference.  It sounds like you're saying its still an "Editor Draft" right now.

thanks
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

02/27/2008 11:32 AM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>
cc
"ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>, Thomas Freund/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Subject
RE: [ws-rx] Reference to WS-SecureConversation

The SX minutes are rather explicit on that if you follow the link Ram provided below. We’ve decided that rather than just produce an errata for 1.3 that reference the next versions of Trust and SP we’ll go ahead and do a new version to make the packaging simpler, e.g. new versions of all the specs.

In the case of SC there are no normative changes and no new namespace, so when there is an approved draft we’ll update the RDDL page. In the case of SP and Trust there were new namespaces, so we put the editor drafts up there early to make referencing easier for the other TCs.

Re: [ws-rx] Reference to WS-SecureConversation

Ram,

 what's the status of the 1.4 version?  When I follow the link you provided it just points to the 1.3 version.  Is 1.4 an official oasis standard, editor draft, committee draft... ?

thanks
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>

02/26/2008 09:02 PM

"ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] Reference to WS-SecureConversation

The WS-SX TC had recently decided [1] to produce WS-SecureConversation 1.4 (integrates WS-SecureConversation 1.3 + errata).

Consequently, the non-normative reference to WS-SecureConversation in WS-RM [2] and WS-MC [3] need to be changed as follows.

[SecureConversation]
S. Anderson, et al, "
Web Services Secure Conversation Language (WS-272 SecureConversation)," February 2005. http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/04/sc/

[SecureConversation]
OASIS Standard, WS-SecureConversation 1.4,
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-secureconversation/200512.

Since this change is consistent with the earlier TC decision regarding referring to the latest version of SX specifications, I suggest that the editors apply this change and produce an updated draft, so the TC can review this during the TC call on Feb 28th.

Thanks.

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200802/msg00021.html
[2]