Subject: [Fwd: Raw log of chat from today's wsrx call]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Raw log of chat from today's wsrx call
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:48:07 -0700
From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
To: Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

Gil: Minutes from April 24th:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/document.php?document_id=28442

anish: Scribe: anish

Gil: sorry 26th

anish: topic: approval of april 26th minutes

anish: s/26/24/

anish: motion: DougD moves, Rich seconds to approve the minutes

anish: motion approved w/o

anish: Topic: AI review

anish: AI #143 is done

anish: PR 1.1 public review issue #1 is resolved

Paul Fremantle: PR2-1.1

Paul Fremantle: PR2-001

anish: issue #1 will be called PR2-001

anish: Agenda:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/event.php?event_id=18025

Paul Fremantle:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200804/msg00003.html

anish: AI #142: Editors to incorporate the resolution of the issue [1]
in the RDDL docs
Mr. Sanjay Patil 2008-04-24 20:43 GMT
[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200804/msg00003.html

anish: Dug: this was fixed, but there were other issues with the RDDL

anish: AI #142 is still pending

anish: Topic: RDDL

anish: Dug: RDDL pointed only to the latest version. Mary pointed to a
new template. This has a link to the latest and previous versions of the
specs. I'll update RDDL docs for RM/RMP/MC once I get feedback from Mary.

anish: Peter: the RDDL does not point to the right WSDL

anish: ACTION: Editors to change the RDDL to have it point to the same
version of WSDL as the spec

Dug: and xsd

anish: ACTION: Editors to change the RDDL to have it point to the same
version of WSDL and XSD as the spec

anish: Ram: there was a email exchange wrt whether to have separate
RDDLs for each version and/or have a single RDDL that points to both
versions

anish: ... seems like having a single RDDL would make sense

Dug: anish: since we only have a single namespace - and one RDDL per ns
- is there any other choice? seems like we should have just one RDDL
that points to both versions of the specs.

anish thx Dug

Dug: ... since we haven't changed the ns, there's only one way to go.

Dug: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/rddl.html

Peter Niblett: right - the option we have is that there is one RDDL doc,
and it references the two specs.. I just wanted to make sure that users
realise that one is an OS and the other a CD

anish: Dug: the link above points to the OASIS RDDL template

anish: ... it contains links to 'this' version and 'previous' version
similar to what the spec does

Peter Niblett: this version-> 1.2 CD, previous -> 1.1 OS

Peter Niblett: OS = OASIS Standard

Peter Niblett: when 1.2 becomes OS, then both will point at OS versions

Martin C: i see no harm to have a list of all past versions

anish: Ram: i thought we were going towards listing 1.1 and 1.2 side by
side in the RDDL

anish: Paul: 1.2 shares the same NS as 1.1 with some non-wire changes in
errata. So providing the most recent version makes sense. I prefer the
way it is laid out now.

anish: anish: three options list all of the previous versions, just the
versions with certain status or list only the latest and the spec has
links to previous one

anish didn't get peter's comment, can someone type his comment in?

anish: Ram: i'm not disagreeing with Dug's proposal.

anish: ... But we have two versions that closely follow each other with
same NS. If I click on the NS it takes me to the RDDL which only has
1.2. That will be confusing.

anish: Monica: there is a precedence for this

anish: ... ws-cord is one such precedence

anish: Martin: can't really follow the choices here.

momartin: Example: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy/

anish: Paul: the options are: 1) Two sections in the RDDL doc with
co-equal footing to 1.1/12 specs 2) Use the template as it is and have
1.2 and have a link for previous version as 1.1

momartin: Second example: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/10/wscoor/

anish: martin: prefer to stick with the template

anish: ram: prefer to have both 1.1 and 1.2

Dug let's just make sure the RDDL points to v1.1 as well

Dug: and move on

Paul Fremantle: +1

anish: Monica: Mary's email was about addressing human readers too

Colleen: +1 to Dug

Dug: we can always tweak 'how' we point to v1.1 if it doesn't appear
right the first time the editors try.

anish: Paul: consensus seems to be that we reference both 1.1 and 1.2

anish: anish: which versions we would reference in 1.1 and 1.2

anish: Paul: any objections to referencing all previous standard version?

anish: no objection

Dug: +1 paul

Paul Fremantle: the RDDL should reference the most current committee
voted spec + all previous Oasis Standard specs that share the same namespace

Paul Fremantle: so right now that would be our latest PR, 1.1errata and 1.1

Paul Fremantle: when the spec becomes 1.2, it will be 1.2, 1.1errata and 1.1

anish: no objection to Paul's suggestion

anish: Ram: when 1.2 becomes a standard, at that time 'this version'
would point to 1.2 standard and previous version would point to 1.1errata

anish: Paul: what it would do is point to 1.2 (final version) and
previous versions: 1.1errata and 1.1

Dug: LOL colleen - you don't want to revisit this exciting topic again
and again.....?

Colleen: guess i'm easily bored ;-0

anish: no objection to Paul's proposal

anish: Topic: issue discussion

anish it is Mr. UberEditor

Dug: UberMonkey

Martin C: do u get paid uberPeanuts

Dug: no comment

anish: Peter: what about the issue from previous call?

anish: Paul: not clear from previous minutes whether the issue was closed

Peter Niblett:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200805/msg00000.html

anish: Motion: peter moves dug seconds to close the PR issue with the
proposal at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200805/msg00000.html

anish: no objection, motion approved unanimously

anish hard to hear peter

anish: topic: AOB

anish: Ram: thanks to peter for stepping up to maintaining the issues
list and examining the RDDL

Peter Niblett: sorry - just saying that the Public Review is now closed,
and there was only one comment posted to it - which is what we made into
issue PR1.2-001 and we just voted to close that

anish: Ram: when would the list of issues be published?

Peter Niblett: apologies for not having posted the issue list yet - will
send it to Robin after this call

anish: Paul: it will be sent to Robin and it should be published by
OASIS staff subsequently

Paul Fremantle: Thanks to Peter for looking at RDDL

anish: Meeting adourned

CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
VP, Apache Synapse