Subject: Designated Cross References

  Folks,

  Our TC administrator has pointed out that there are two options for
  using the "designated cross references" to the SX committee.

  1) We do a DCR to SX it at this stage (CS), and our TC then waits until
  the SX TC gets to CS.

  2) We do NOT do a DCR to SX a this stage (CS), which means we get to CS
  almost immediately. Then we do an OASIS Standard Vote in the next cycle
  and do the DCR to SX at that stage instead. That means our specs go out
  for vote to the OASIS membership and we are effectively done. Once the
  SX specs become OASIS Standard then we also become OASIS Standard.

  Effectively, what Mary is saying is that we can finish our work earlier
  by delaying the DCR-to-SX until the OASIS Standard vote.

  This seems to make sense to me, and was something I hadn't considered,
  so before we start the CS vote I wanted the TC to comment.

  Paul

PS it seems like the WSTX TC is going through the same decision process
at this point.

CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
VP, Apache Synapse