Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Ballots wrong - need date

I think we are getting mixed messages here.

We have a motion to start a TC ballot asap. The initial plan was to tie
the RX CS to the SX CS, and go forward.

Then Mary suggested we do NOT tie the RX CS to the SX CS and then do our
OASIS Standard vote with a DCR to the SX OASIS standard vote.

Microsoft pushed back against Mary's proposal, and asked us to continue
with the initial plan. The vote requires a rough date for SX CS.

Now the latest email you have said you cannot give us a potential date
for the SX CS vote and we should go into limbo until September. As far
as I'm concerned that is NOT an option - it doesn't meet the
requirements of the motion which was to ask OASIS to start the vote.

We can EITHER:
1) Pick a date and go ahead with the plan of record. Based on your data
I would propose a date such as enf-November to give the SX TC plenty of
time.

2) Decouple our CS vote from SX as proposed by Mary.

I have my own preferences, but they aren't really relevant. The decision
process is this:

* We have a voted, approved motion from the last call to go ahead with
option 1. So unless there is unanimous consent to change our plan of
record, we need to do option 1. Mary has asked for a date to do this, so
therefore we need to come up with a date. Unless there is objection I
will go forward with November 30th.
* Alternatively, if there is a change of heart and we get unanimous
consent to go forwards with option 2, then we can go back to Mary and
get her to re-instate the ballot.

I am going on vacation as of tonight, so I'm hereby asking Sanjay to
take over managing this process.

Regards,
Paul