Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Groups - WS-RX TC Meeting modified

Hi Paul,

I have some supporting information below relating to the discussion items on the agenda for this meeting.

Thank you.

> 6. Review of Approval Status of Designated Cross References from our recent CS ballots

During the last TC call, the TC resolved two issues. There is also one open issue. I believe the proposed issue resolutions are of a non-substantive nature. The TC also agreed during the previous TC call to produce a new Committee Draft 02 containing the issue resolutions so it can be re-approved as a Committee Specification.

Given the above points, I suggest the following:

1.  Resolve the one open issue.

2.  Approve Committee Draft 02 containing the resolutions to all resolved issues.

3.  Withdraw the WS-RX Committee Specifications that are currently waiting for Designated Cross-References (DCR) to resolve.

If the TC agrees to withdraw the outstanding request to update the Committee Specifications currently held in abeyance due to the DCRs, these specifications will become Committee Specification 01 but the DCRs will not be updated.

4.  Approve the Committee Draft 02 as Committee Specification 02.

This needs to be done via a special majority ballot.

> 7. Plan for OS Vote

This needs a special majority vote. This can be done concurrently with the ballot to approve Committee Specification 02.

I would like to suggest this motion [A] to approve the new Committee Draft 02 as Committee Specification 02 and to send Committee Specification 02 for standardization vote.

In summary, I suggest that the TC consider doing the following during this meeting:

1.  Resolve the one open issue.

2.  If the TC agrees the issue resolutions are non-substantive, vote (full majority) to approve Committee Draft 02.

3.  Vote (full majority vote) to withdraw the current CSs-in-limbo.

4.  Vote (full majority vote) to accept the revised motion [A] to approve Committee Draft 02 as Committee Specification 02 AND to send Committee Specification 02 for standardization vote.

5.  Request the co-chairs to send the three Statements of Use and the actual specification files to the TC administrator (Mary Mcrae) for further processing.

[A] Motion

Text of proposed motion:

The WS-RX TC instructs the Chairs to initiate six electronic ballots described below – each one of 7 days duration – to approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2, WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2, and WS-MakeConnection v1.1 specifications as a Committee Specification and to send those specifications to OASIS for a standardization vote.

--

Do you approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the Committee Specification version of WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 will be updated to refer to the Committee Specification version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3  Committee Draft 03

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/v1.3/cd/ws-securitypolicy-1.3-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-Trust v1.4 Committee Draft 03

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/v1.4/cd/ws-trust-1.4-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-SecureConversation v1.4 Committee Draft 03

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-secureconversation/v1.4/cd/ws-secureconversation-1.4-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 Committee Draft 02

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc
Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: concurrently under ballot for approval as Committee Specification)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Should the ballot to approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification pass, do you also approve to send the specification to OASIS for a standardization vote with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the OASIS Standard version of WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 will be updated to refer to the OASIS Standard version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-Trust v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-SecureConversation v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Do you approve WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the Committee Specification version of WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 will be updated to refer to the Committee Specification version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3  Committee Draft 03
URI:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/v1.3/cd/ws-securitypolicy-1.3-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 Committee Draft 02
URI:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: concurrently under ballot for approval as Committee Specification)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Should the ballot to approve WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification pass, do you also approve to send the specification to OASIS for a standardization vote with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the OASIS Standard version of WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 will be updated to refer to the OASIS Standard version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Do you approve WS-MakeConnection v1.1 [1] as a Committee Specification with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the Committee Specification version of WS-MakeConnection v1.1 will be updated to refer to the Committee Specification version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/wsmc-1.1-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Should the ballot to approve WS-MakeConnection v1.1 [1] as a Committee Specification pass, do you also approve to send the specification to OASIS for a standardization vote with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the OASIS Standard version of WS-MakeConnection v1.1 will be updated to refer to the OASIS Standard version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

WS-Trust v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

WS-SecureConversation v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.