Subject: Prelim minutes 11/20 Teleconf

Prelim minutes attached:

Tom Rutt

Title: Prelim Minutes OASIS WSRX TC Teleconf October 9, 2008

Prelim Minutes OASIS WSRX TC Teleconf   November 20, 2008

Meeting chaired by Paul Fremantle

Tom Rutt took minutes

1. Roll Call

Meeting Attendees

Name

Company

Status

Ian Jones

BTplc*

Group Member

Tom Rutt

Fujitsu Limited*

Group Member

Eisaku Nishiyama

Hitachi, Ltd.

Group Member

Nobuyuki Yamamoto

Hitachi, Ltd.

Group Member

Doug Davis

IBM

Group Member

Charles Le Vay

IBM

Group Member

Sara Mitchell

IBM

Group Member

Ram Jeyaraman

Microsoft Corporation

Group Member

Martin Chapman

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Anish Karmarkar

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Ashok Malhotra

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Sanjay Patil

SAP AG*

Group Member

Paul Fremantle

WSO2*

Group Member

Meeting is Quorate

2. Review of Agenda

1. Roll Call

2. Review of Agenda

3. Approval of Minutes from Nov 6, 2008

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/30127/PrelimMinutes-wsrx-110608.htm

4. New issues.

5. New Committee Draft incorporating issues

6. Review of Approval Status of Designated Cross References from our recent CS ballots

7. Plan for OS Vote

8. AOB

Sanjay: add 7b as schedule for next conference calls

Agenda approved unanimously as amended

3. Approval of Minutes from Nov 6, 2008

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/30127/PrelimMinutes-wsrx-110608.htm

Tom moved, Dug seconded to approve minutes from Nov 6.

No objection, Minutes of Nov 6 approved.

4. New issues.

New Issue from Doug

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200811/msg00003.html

When MC was pulled out of the RM spec it was pretty much a cut-n-paste action. As a result, since the RM ActionURIs are defined by a set of rules rather than defining each ActionURI along with each message (see section 3.3 of the RM spec), the MC ActionURI was never explicitly defined.  The wsdl and examples in the MC spec clearly show what the ActionURI is meant to be, but since we're opening up the MC spec to fix other typos I'd like to suggest that we add the following to the MC spec just to be explicit about it:

In section 3.2, right before the exemplar that defines the MC body, add:

When the MC protocol, defined in this specification, is composed with the WS-Addressing specification, the value of the wsa:Action header would be:
        http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/MakeConnection

While this isn't quite a typo, its pretty obvious and will help new readers.  Perhaps we could even discuss it thru email and if there's no objection I can have a draft ready to go for the next meeting - along with the other 2 issues we've resolved.

thanks
-Doug

Doug: In editor’s draft I changed to:
When the MC protocol is composed with the WS-Addressing specification, the value of the wsa:Action header would be:
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/MakeConnection

Doug moved to accept new issue, seconded by Charlie.

No objection to accept new issue.

Doug moved to accept modified proposal to resolve new issue, Charlie seconded.

No objections, motion passed to resolve new issue with modified proposal by Dug.

5. New Committee Draft incorporating issues

Latest zip with all 3 issues:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/30089/WSRX%20v1.2-CD02.zip

Ram moved to approve CD 2 with changes in the above Zip file, Dug  D seconded.

No objection approved CD 2 unanimously.

6. Review of Approval Status of Designated Cross References from our recent CS ballots

Email from Ram: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200811/msg00018.html

Ram: this proposal assumes we withdraw the previous CS request, and restart a new CS ballot.

Ram: we need a full majority ballot to withdraw the earlier CS requests from their Limbo state  This allows us to incorporate the changes we have made via new issue resolutions.

Martin moved to withdraw current CS ballots in Limbo waiting for WS-Security cross refs. Seconded by Ram.

Motion Approved Unanimously.

7. Plan for OS Vote

Paul: my understanding is that we now can make a decision to ask Mary to conduct a new CS ballot via Kavi.

Martin expressed concern about wording of the motion in the email from Ram.  He stated we could do an OS vote after the other specs are finished, rather than have the contingency clause.

Discussion ensued between Ram and Martin on the process.

Martin: Just wait for SX to finish completely, update to CS then do the OS ballot.

Paul: I thought the value of the Designated Cross References is that it allows all the OS votes from the two TCs to progress together at the same time.

Paul: If SX passes Ram’s motion is the most efficient way forward.

Rams Motion:

[A] Motion

Text of proposed motion:

The WS-RX TC instructs the Chairs to initiate six electronic ballots described below ⓠeach one of 7 days duration – to approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2, WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2, and WS-MakeConnection v1.1 specifications as a Committee Specification and to send those specifications to OASIS for a standardization vote.

--

Do you approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the Committee Specification version of WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 will be updated to refer to the Committee Specification version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3  Committee Draft 03

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/v1.3/cd/ws-securitypolicy-1.3-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-Trust v1.4 Committee Draft 03

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/v1.4/cd/ws-trust-1.4-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-SecureConversation v1.4 Committee Draft 03

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-secureconversation/v1.4/cd/ws-secureconversation-1.4-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 Committee Draft 02

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc
Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: concurrently under ballot for approval as Committee Specification)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Should the ballot to approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification pass, do you also approve to send the specification to OASIS for a standardization vote with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the OASIS Standard version of WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 will be updated to refer to the OASIS Standard version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-Trust v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-SecureConversation v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Do you approve WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the Committee Specification version of WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 will be updated to refer to the Committee Specification version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3  Committee Draft 03
URI:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/v1.3/cd/ws-securitypolicy-1.3-spec-cd-03.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: November 2008)

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 Committee Draft 02
URI:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: concurrently under ballot for approval as Committee Specification)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Should the ballot to approve WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 [1] as a Committee Specification pass, do you also approve to send the specification to OASIS for a standardization vote with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the OASIS Standard version of WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 will be updated to refer to the OASIS Standard version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: OASIS Standard (expected date: February 2009)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Do you approve WS-MakeConnection v1.1 [1] as a Committee Specification with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the Committee Specification version of WS-MakeConnection v1.1 will be updated to refer to the Committee Specification version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.2-spec-cd-02.doc

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/wsmc-1.1-spec-cd-02.doc

--

Should the ballot to approve WS-MakeConnection v1.1 [1] as a Committee Specification pass, do you also approve to send the specification to OASIS for a standardization vote with the Designated Cross Reference (DCR) changes described below?

Per Section 2.19 Designated Cross-Reference Changes of the OASIS TC Process document, the OASIS Standard version of WS-MakeConnection v1.1 will be updated to refer to the OASIS Standard version of the Designated Cross-References identified below when they are available.

WS-SecurityPolicy v1.3 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

WS-Trust v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

WS-SecureConversation v1.4 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2 as updated per the ballot to approve the above-referenced specification as a Committee Specification.

Expected approval status: Committee Specification (expected date: February 2009)

The TC acknowledges that approval and publication of the specification may be delayed by the Designated Cross-Reference Changes.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/wsmc-1.1-spec-cd-02.doc

Ram (Microsoft): From: "The WS-RX TC instructs the Chairs to initiate six electronic ballots described below  each one of 7 days duration  to approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2, WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2, and WS-MakeConnection v1.1 specifications as a Committee Specification and to send those specifications to OASIS for a standardization vote."
Ram (Microsoft): To: "The WS-RX TC instructs the Chairs to request the TC administrator to initiate six electronic ballots described below  each one of 7 days duration  to approve WS-ReliableMessaging v1.2, WS-ReliableMessagingPolicy v1.2, and WS-MakeConnection v1.1 specifications as a Committee Specification and to send those specifications to OASIS for a standardization vote."

Ram: I amend to change the wording to “instruct the Chairs to request OASIS TC administrator to initiate” ,  seconded by Dug D.

Amendment approved.

No objections to amended motion, amended motion approved.

Ram: we have three letters from members on support of the spec, do you need anything else.

Paul: given we have the spec zipped up and references to the members letters, we have what we need.

Ram: give today as 20 Nov, if all goes well we might have approval by end of month to go forward.  Can Paul have package ready by Dec 15?

Paul: I do believe so.

Tom Rutt (Fujitsu): Action: Chairs to get package for ballot ready for OASIS TC admin by Dec 15.

Ram: this would give us a standard to be approved by February.

Sanjay: we submit by mid December, Mary brings to OASIS member notice to Jan 1, the second half of January is when the voting will occur.

8. AOB

Schedule for Future Conference calls:

Paul: I do not see a need for conference call in December.  It might be dependent on the ballots.

Paul: I suggest we keep it scheduled in Agenda, with a possibility to cancel.  We also have a January call as normal.

Dec 11th  not ok for many members.

Agreed to Dec 4th for the next Call.

Ram: Microsoft can sponsor the Dec 4 call.

Jan 8th. next agreed call.

Will discuss on Dec 4.