Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue 74: add <EncryptSupportingToken> element to Sections 7.4 and 7.5

Prateek and I briefly discussed an alternative proposal for solving this
issue, namely defining some additional types of SupportingToken
assertion;

We'd need three new assertions;

SignedEncryptedSupportingTokens
EndorsingEncryptedSupportingTokens
SignedEndorsingSupportingTokens

This approach would allow one to select encryption for some tokens and
not others rather than a blanket setting for all supporting tokens.

We might also need EncyptedSupportingTokens but I'm not sure of the
value of including a supporting token that can just be removed by an
attacker.

Specific spec text;

After line 2088 add three sections as follows;

8.5 SignedEncryptedSupportingTokens Assertion

Signed, encrypted supporting tokens are Signed supporting tokens (See
section 8.2) that are also encrypted when they appear in the
wsse:SecurityHeader.

The syntax for the sp:SignedEncryptedSupportingTokens differs from the
syntax of sp:SignedSupportingTokens only in the name of the assertion
itself. All nested policy is as per the sp:SignedSupportingTokens
assertion.

8.6 EndorsingEncryptedSupportingTokens Assertion

Endorsing, encrypted supporting tokens are Endorsing supporting tokens
(See section 8.3) that are also encrypted when they appear in the
wsse:SecurityHeader.

The syntax for the sp:EndorsingEncryptedSupportingTokens differs from
the syntax of sp:EndorsingSupportingTokens only in the name of the
assertion itself. All nested policy is as per the
sp:EndorsingSupportingTokens assertion.

8.7 SignedEndorsingEncryptedSupportingTokens Assertion

Signed, endorsing, encrypted supporting tokens are signed, endorsing
supporting tokens (See section 8.4) that are also encrypted when they
appear in the wsse:SecurityHeader.

The syntax for the sp:SignedEndorsingEncryptedSupportingTokens differs
from the syntax of sp:SignedEndorsingSupportingTokens only in the name
of the assertion itself. All nested policy is as per the
sp:SignedEndorsingSupportingTokens assertion.

Renumber section 8.5 -> 8.8
Renumber section 8.6 -> 8.9

Regards

Gudge