Subject: RE: Minutes - WS-SX Bi-Weekly Telecon- 29 October 2008 -procedural issue with the WS-Trust CS Ballot

When constructing the ballot motion for WS-Trust 1.4 CS I incorrectly assumed that the existing Trust reference to SP was to the latest 1.3 version. The existing reference is to the SP 1.2 Committee Draft.

Unfortunately that invalidates the Specification Approval Motion for WS-Trust approved at the Oct 29 meeting.   Fortunately the fix is straightforward--the TC can re-approve the WS-Trust motion with the correct "from" version of SP in the Designated Reference Change.  All else in the Trust motion remains the same. The SP and SC motions approved on Oct 29 are valid as-is.

Mary is ready to start the ballot as soon as the TC approves the corrected motion. I've included the corrected motion immediately below.

   -greg

> The WS-SX TC instructs the Chairs to initiate a 7
> day electronic ballot to approve  WS-Trust 1.4 as an OASIS Committee
> Specification as follows:
>
> Shall WS-Trust  1.4 be approved as a Committee Specification by the OASIS
> Web Services Secure Exchange (WS-SX) TC?
>
> This Specification Approval Motion includes a Designated Cross-Reference
> Change per Section 2.18 of the OASIS TC Process document to the following
> specifications:
>
> 1. References to:

[WS-SecurityPolicy] OASIS Committee Draft, "WS-SecurityPolicy 1.2",
September 2006 http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200512