ws-tx-editors message

Subject: RE: [ws-tx-editors] Fw: Editors instructions

Issue 15 related to namespace URIs and we adopted Colleen's proposal.
Andy's question was regarding how Spec A should reference Spec B. I think
we agree that a reference to Spec A should be a reference to the primary
namespace used by Spec A, which will (in the fullness of time) resolve to a
RDDL doc which itself links to the WSDL, schema and spec.

Regards,
Ian Robinson
STSM, WebSphere Messaging and Transactions Architect
IBM Hursley Lab, UK
ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com

             "Colleen Evans"
             <coevans@microsof
             t.com>                                                     To
                                       "Thomas Freund"
             03/03/2006 15:59          <tjfreund@us.ibm.com>, Ian
                                       Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
                                                                        cc
                                       Andrew Wilkinson3/UK/IBM@IBMGB,
                                       "Max Feingold"
                                       <max.feingold@microsoft.com>,
                                       <ws-tx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [ws-tx-editors] Fw: Editors
                                       instructions

Didn’t the TC already agree to a convention in relation to issue 15?  From
the minutes at [1] I thought we agreed to accept my proposal referenced in
the minutes:

---------------------------------------
Excerpt from the minutes:
---------------------------------------

Ian: Colleen's proposal is to keep the hyphen.  It is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-tx/200602/msg00007.html

Eric: The proposal is to keep the hyphen.
Do we have consensus?  Is there any objection to keeping the hyphen?

Ram Jeyaraman:  There are a couple of documents which need reflect the
resolution of this issue.

Colleen: We can follow what other committees like RX are doing.  There is a
link to what they are doing, in my proposal.

Ian: We also need to supply values for the yyyy/mm in the namespace.  We
should use 2006/03, based on the date we expect the CD or CDs to be
approved.  It is not a critical date; we just need to establish it.

Ian: Move to adopt the versioning policy including the WS-RX policy.
Ram: Second.

Monica: Can someone explain the WS-RX model for versioning?

Ian: The pointer is
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i088

Ram: The policy states that the namespace will not change arbitrarily.  It
will change only when a published CD or specification results in a
non-backwardly compatible namespace, and defines the changes which are
considered not to be backwardly compatible.

Alastair: It should say either CD or specification changes.
Eric: Yes, that is included.

Martin: I would like to feed our decision back to the ASIS review.
ACTION: Chairs to inform ASIS that we are not following the guideline with
respect to hyphens.

Eric: Any objections to passing the proposal, including the WS-RX policy?
No objections noted.
Proposal for resolution of issue 15 has passed.

Thanks,
Colleen

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16930/WS-TX_Minutes_2006_02_23.htm