ws-tx-editors message

Subject: Preparation for Errata PR

Editors,
If the TC agrees to submit errata for PR tomorrow then we will need Word, PDF and XHTML versions of the public review material, consisting of the standalone and integrated errata for each spec.
I raised some questions with the TC Admin over how metadata should be represented in the integrated spec-errata. Based on that discussion, I believe we will ultimately want to produce two documents for each spec using the following naming convention:
wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-errata-os.doc etc for the integrated doc and
wstx-wsba-1.1-errata-os.doc etc for the standalone doc.

On that basis, it seems like the right filenaming conventions to use for the PR would be:
wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-errata-pr.doc etc for the integrated doc and
wstx-wsba-1.1-errata-pr.doc etc for standalone doc.

There is no precedent for how the "this version"/"previous version" metadata should look in the integrated doc.
I suggest that the integrated spec make the following metadata changes for the PR drafts based on what I got back from the TC Admin and what the WSS TC did for their errata (which you can see at http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/v1.1/ )

1. Change "OASIS Standard" to "OASIS Standard incorporating Approved Errata"
2. Update the date from 16 April 2007 to the date we approved the CDs (i.e 26 May 2007)
3. Update This Version URLs to http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-errata-pr.pdf  etc
4. Set Previous Version URLs to the OS spec.
5. Leave Latest Approved URLs alone.
6. Change the page footers.

So the BA front page would look like:

Web Services Business Activity
(WS-BusinessActivity) Version 1.1

OASIS Standard
incorporating Approved Errata
26 May16 April 2007
Specification URIs:

This Version:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-
errata-pr/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-errata-pr.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-
errata-pr.pdf
Previous Version:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-
os/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-os.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-
os.pdf
Latest Approved Version:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec.html

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec.pdf

I think the "previous version" should remain locked on the OS version throughout the errata process.

Once the PR is approved we can produce the new errata-os versions and replace the lastest approved version with that.

I don't believe we are required to use the spec template for the standalone errata doc itself nor that the standalone errata doc requires any spec metadata. I suggest we keep it simple and in the form we already approved (without any metadata). We are required, however, to produce a standalone errata document (and we have done so).

We can discuss all this on the telecon ths week - I suggest the editors do not action any of this until after that telecon.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

Unless stated otherwise above:

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature