Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 007 - WS-C: Make Register/RegisterResponse retriable

Doug Davis wrote:
> Mark,
>   If I'm remembering correctly the retries didn't require the
> wsa:messageID to be
> the same each time.  The duplicate detection was done at the tx protocol
> level
> not at the WSA level - meaning the protocol knew how to deal with multiple
> Prepare messages - not multiple messages with the same msgID.  Those are
> two very different things.
> thanks
> -Doug

The MEP in this case is different and the request/response messages do
not relate to each other at the transport level, solely at the protocol
level.  The only replay a transport could reasonably do (hence using the
same MessageID) would be when it had not received a delivery
acknowledgement from the other endpoint (e.g. HTTP 200 or 202 response
code).  Any other decision to resend the request is taken at a higher
level and would constitute a new message.

The request/response MEP, however, can relate the request to the
response at the transport level.  The transport would therefore be
capable of replaying the request until it receives the appropriate response.

	Kev