Subject: RE: [ws-tx] Issue 007 - WS-C: Make Register/RegisterResponse retriable

Andrew,

I think your description of the behaviour is accurate.

However, to require that the spec forbids resending register is to make
*all* WS-C-using protocols "vulnerable" to transport glitches (or,
strictly,
all such that don't extend WS-C with their own duplicate detection
mechanism)

That is clearly a choice for this TC.  It is another way of putting the
question of this issue.

The question is not whether the resulting specification is
interoperable, but
whether it is useful in real situations. Since WS-BA is intended to be
highly resilient to such failures later on, it would seem perverse to
to make it vulnerable at this point.  Customers will surely complain if
there
is a mysterious window of failure that occasionally trips up their
processes,
and forces them into exception handling, especially if they find out
why.

Peter