Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Groups - WS-TX Bi-Weekly Concall modified

I agree. Let's take it as it comes.

Thanks,

Alastair

Newcomer, Eric wrote:
Alistair,

At the end of the day these are issues that you submitted and as chair
this week I will be looking to you to lead the discussion in any case.

At this point I would just say let's see how the discussion goes
Thursday rather than try to tweak the agenda further.

Thanks,

Eric

+1 781 902 8366
fax: +1 781 902 8009
blog: www.iona.com/blogs/newcomer
Making Software Work Together (TM)

-----Original Message-----
From: Alastair Green [mailto:alastair.green@choreology.com]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 5:04 PM
To: Ian Robinson
Cc: Newcomer, Eric; ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org

Ian,

I have no problem with issue 008 being discussed in advance of issue
009.

I disagree with the approach of seeking to isolate or sequence the three

issues 007, 009 and 014. I think that will make the discussion less
clear. It is no accident that the email discussion has referenced all
three issues (in substance) in the same breath -- and indeed, their
interconnectedness (in terms of the original design intent, and the
proposed alternatives) have become more apparent as the discussion has
progressed.

I don't want to focus on procedure -- the reality is that the discussion

on 007 (and at least one proposed resolution) will inevitably involve
discussion of the R/R MEP, as I think is evidenced by the recent e-mail
exchanges, and similarly, of the multiple virtues (or demerits) of using

participant ids. My worry is that we artificially attempt to segregate
the strands of the substantive technical discussion.

If we discuss 007, but do not reach for an immediate resolution, then
that will help to inform the resolution of all three issues. Obviously
the TC will have to decide how to proceed on the day.

Alastair

Ian Robinson wrote:

Alastair, the first business on the last call was to accept a request

move issue 9 off the agenda and replace it with issue 8. In the end,

we did

not get as far as discussing issue 8, but that is why issue 8 is on

this

week's agenda rather than issue 9.

While issue 9 may have some dependency on the outcome of issue 7 I do

not

believe any discussion of issue 9 is required in order to address 7.
The same is true of issue 14.

I think we'll be doing well to get through this week's agenda as it

stands.

If we succeed in resolving 7, I'd anticipate issues 9 and 14 being on

the

agenda of one of the next few telecons. It may be easy to get to grips

with

#7 if we don't throw too much in the pot at the same time.

Regards,
Ian Robinson
STSM, WebSphere Messaging and Transactions Architect
IBM Hursley Lab, UK
ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com

             Alastair Green

             <alastair.green@c

             horeology.com>

                                       Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB

             20/01/2006 14:42

cc

                                       ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

                                       Re: [ws-tx] Groups - WS-TX

                                       Bi-Weekly Concall modified

Dear Ian,

My apologies first of all for not making the last meeting.

Looking at the minutes, it seems that issue 009 (RR MEP useful?) was
deferred for lack of time, but does not appear on the proposed agenda

for

next week.

In my view issues 007 (RR retriable), 009 and 014 (EPRs comparable,
participant ids) are closely related and the e-mail discussion has
criss-crossed all three. Therefore I would propose that the agenda

group

them together for initial discussion rather than trying to pick them

off in

isolation. (Each will obviously need a specific resolution, but it is
difficult to arrive at resolutions without considering the three

together.)

In the light of the discussion on procedure, it may help if I liaise

with

Peter to post precise written motions in advance of the meeting with
proposed resolutions on these three issues.

I would like to propose an additional agenda item: "Posting canonical
versions of schemas and WSDL for reference in issues and issue
resolutions". I have mailed the list twice on this topic, and I

believe

this can be resolved by a simple action item on the spec editors.

Regards,

Alastair

      WS-TX Bi-Weekly Concall has been modified by Dr Ian Robinson

      Date:  Thursday, 26 January 2006
      Time:  11:30am - 01:00pm ET

      Event Description:
      US (toll free) 866-505-4412
      UK (toll free) 0800 279 9193
      Int'l (toll) +44-20-7019-0808
      Passcode: 268450

      Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wstx

      Agenda:
      Draft agenda.......

      1. Roll Call - chair

      2. Confirm Paul as minute taker - chair

      3. Approve minutes of Jan 12 telecon - chair

      4. Call for AOB - chair

      5. Action Review - Paul
      ??

      6.  Potential new issues to accept - Colleen
      Brief statement of each proposed new issue. There is no need to
      consider the merit of any proposed resolution at this stage. In
      general the TC will accept issues that are not reopening

resolved

      issues and that are in-scope. Accepted issues move from "review"
      state to "active" state.
      i0xx  New issue....

      7. Issue resolution
      i018  split out of 002 a) - Distinguish example from normative,

for

      subordinated CreateCoordinationContext behaviour
      i019  Split out 002 b)-- Avoid normative reference to

subcoordinator

      identifier inheritance
      i020  Split out 002 c) -- Avoid normative statements on sameness

of

      super- and sub-coordinator coordination types
      i021  Split out 002 d) -- Avoid normative statements on timing

of

      sub-coordinator registration
        There is a concrete proposal that covers all 4 of these

issues:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/email/archives/200601
/msg00022.html

      i008  Remove fault 4.6 AlreadyRegistered
      i007  Make Register/RegisterResponse retriable
      i017  Inconsistencies in OASIS templates
      i015  Replace namespace and action URIs

      8.  AOB

      9. Straggler Roll Call

      10. Close

      Minutes:

      This event is one in a list of recurring events.
      Other event dates in this series:

      Thursday, 01 December 2005, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 15 December 2005, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 12 January 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 09 February 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 23 February 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 09 March 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 23 March 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 06 April 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 20 April 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 04 May 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 18 May 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 01 June 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 15 June 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 29 June 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 13 July 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 27 July 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 10 August 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 24 August 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 07 September 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 21 September 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 05 October 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 19 October 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 02 November 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 16 November 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET
      Thursday, 30 November 2006, 11:30am to 01:00pm ET

      View event details:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/event.php?event_id=89
82

      PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your

email

      application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may

be

      able to
      copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of

your

      web
      browser.

      BEGIN:VCALENDAR
      METHOD:PUBLISH
      VERSION:2.0
      X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
      BEGIN:VEVENT
      CATEGORIES:MEETING
      STATUS:TENTATIVE
      DTSTAMP:20060119T000000Z
      DTSTART:20060126T163000Z
      DTEND:20060126T180000Z
      SEQUENCE:9
      SUMMARY:WS-TX Bi-Weekly Concall
      9193\nInt'l
        (toll) +44-20-7019-0808\nPasscode: 268450\n\nChat room:
        http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wstx\n\nGroup: OASIS Web
      Services
        Transaction (WS-TX) TC\nCreator: Eric Newcomer

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/event.php?event_id=89
82

      UID:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/event.php?event_id=89