Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Interop testing

Alastair Green wrote:
> Two thoughts and a question on interop scenarios:
>
> 1) The resolution of the duplicate registration discussion should be
> tested in future interop scenarios
>
> 2) The old interop scenarios tend to concentrate on the "happy path".
> The real test of a transaction protocol is its ability to handle
> failures, clashes, restarts etc. I think this should be a focus for
> extended/new scenarios.

I agree with both of these statements. But obviously what has been
tested in already should continue to be tested, i.e., on the assumption
that none of the current interop tests are removed, the new test suite
should be a superset of the old.

> Question: are the original authors planning to submit the interop
> workshop scenarios documentation to the WS-TX TC as a formal
> contribution, so that it can readily be extended?

I would like to think so. That was one of the subtexts of my
conversation on IRC yesterday, during the call.

Mark.