Subject: RE: [ws-tx] Issues 035 to 043

After a private conversation with someone, I thought it might be helpful to comment on how some of the issues I put in are related. (I followed what I take to be this group's preference for splitting rather than lumping related matters). There isn't a need for  10 separate solutions.

035 - overload of "coordinator" : purely editorial, and providing a vocabulary to allow the others to be sorted out

036 - incomplete ws-at coordinator tables : this shouldn't cause change to implementations except/unless the ambiguity in the existing text has led to variation between them.  The proposed fix requires some new tables and explanation, which I'd be happy to draft if the general thrust is acceptable.

037 - register/preparing cell problematic : if 036 is accepted, this get resolved in passing

038 - incomplete action on expiry : i think this is pure editorial and stand-alone. (unless the difference in the cells is
  intentional, and means something, which may need evaluating)

039 - coordinator should not distinguish protocol of orphaned Prepare : is proposing a technical change

040 - duplicate of 039, dropped

041 - Invalid events should not cause transitions : technical change only to error paths (apart from the case covered in 043)

042 - ws-ba tables transposition : editorial

043 - invalid state inappropriate for orphaned volatile prepare: this is solved automatically if 039 is accepted; otherwise it is an extreme case of 041.

Peter