Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Re: Groups - New Action Item #0057 Review use of RFC 2119keywords ...

Thanks Joe.

If the TC has no objections I'll correct this as an editorial change as
part of the resolution to issue 102.

Your e-mail has also alerted me to an error in the diagram in section
3.3.3 where the diagram labels the dotted-arrow events as being initiator
generated whereas they are actually participant generated. Again, if there
are no objections I think that this should also be corrected as part of
the resolution to i102.

Thanks again,
Andy

Joseph Fialli <Joseph.Fialli@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Joseph.Fialli@Sun.COM
26/10/2006 14:22

Andrew Wilkinson3/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
"ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org>, Ian
Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB, mark.little@jboss.com
Subject
Re: [ws-tx] Re: Groups - New Action Item #0057 Review use of RFC 2119
keywords ...

Andrew Wilkinson3 wrote:
> All,
>
> Please find attached the proposed RFC 2119 keyword updates for PR-01 of
> the AT spec. The changes incorporate those proposed by Ram[1] and Ian[2]

> with the exception of line 242 where Ram had proposed MAY but I believe
> MUST is more appropriate.
>
> Comments welcome.

Andy,

In reviewing the changes in Section 3.2 "Completion Protocol" , I
noticed that "participant" on lines 193 and 196 should be "initator".
In the diagram, "commit" and "rollback" are  "initator" generated
event.  While the initiator
is generically a participant, it would best to use same terminology in
both the diagram and prose describing the diagram.

191 The coordinator accepts:
192 Commit
193 Upon receipt of this notification, the coordinator knows that the
participant has completed
194 application processing and that it SHOULD attempt to commit the
transaction.
195 Rollback
196 Upon receipt of this notification, the coordinator knows that the
participant has terminated
197 application processing and that it MUST abort the transaction.
198 The initiator accepts:
199 Committed
200 Upon receipt of this notification, the initiator knows that the
coordinator reached a decision to
201 commit.
202 Aborted
203 Upon receipt of this notification, the initiator knows that the
coordinator reached a decision to
204 abort.

-Joe

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=1719