Subject: RE: [ws-tx] NEW Issue (Errata): Update WS-Policy reference description

Title: Message
I would support referencing the 1.2 W3C member submission rather than xmlsoap one.

Martin.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Robinson [mailto:ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 10:43 AM
To: Monica J. Martin
Cc: Martin Chapman; Monica.Martin@Sun.COM; 'Ram Jeyaraman'; ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org

Monica - do you mean that it would be better to reference WS-Policy 1.2 via the W3C submission rather than the namespace i.e
use::
[WSPOLICY] Web Services Policy 1.2 – Framework (WS-Policy), http://www.w3.org/Submission/2006/SUBM-WS-Policy-20060425/, W3C Member Submission, 25 April 2006.

rather than the suggested:
[WSPOLICY] Web Services Policy Framework (WS-Policy), http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy, VeriSign, Microsoft, Sonic Software, IBM, BEA Systems, SAP, March 2006.
?

I agree these amount to the same thing.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

"Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Monica.Martin@Sun.COM

26/04/2007 16:18

Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
Martin Chapman <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, "'Ram Jeyaraman'" <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>, ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-tx] NEW Issue (Errata): Update WS-Policy reference description

>Ian Robinson wrote: Monica,
>The TC has committed (through charter clarification) to issue an updated
>version of the TX specs with normative references to WS-Policy 1.5 once
>the latter becomes a REC. The TX 1.1 specs refers to WS-Policy 1.2. I
>believe Ram's issue is simply to clarify that the TX 1.1 reference is
>specifically to WS-Policy 1.2 rather than the earlier Sep 2004 draft of
>WS-Policy (somethines referred to as WS-Policy 1.1) which is also
>referenced by the RDDL document at
>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy/.
>
>Regards,
>Ian Robinson

mm1: I understand that Ian and thanks. My point is you have the same
condition by referencing the W3C WS-Policy submission with a version 1.2
within a standards organization. Reference:

  1. The charter for the W3C WS-Policy WG:
     http://www.w3.org/Submission/2006/06/
  2. The member submission: http://www.w3.org/Submission/WS-Policy/ and
     http://www.w3.org/Submission/WS-PolicyAttachment/

Thanks.