Subject: RE: [ws-tx] RE: Issue 118 - Add Conformance section to WS-Coordination, WS-ATand WS-BA specifications

If there is an inconsistency, which means one of the artefacts is in error, and if that error is in the artefact which has been arbitrarily assigned greatest precedence then interop based on the incorrect artefact has little value. The proper course of action is surely to correct the mistake.

We originally planned starting an e-ballot today to approve the CD specs. It seems like we may need a ballot to resolve this issue first. I propose that we aim to make all contributions to this discussion by e-mail by EOD Mon 24th with a view to starting an e-ballot to resolve it on Tuesday 25th March.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

"Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>

20/03/2008 14:54

"'Ram Jeyaraman'" <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>, "'Peter Furniss'" <peter.furniss@irisfinancialsolutions.com>, Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
<ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [ws-tx] RE: Issue 118 - Add Conformance section to WS-Coordination, WS-AT and WS-BA specifications

I have to strongly dissagree about precedence/authoritative as it really may affect interop, regardless of whether it's a genuine
mistake or not.
Reporting an inconsistency does not solve any interop issue. By saying one copy (the external Files) is authoritative removes any
ambuguity as to what vendors and users must conform to!

Martin.