Subject: WS-TX 1.2 designated cross references

As discussed on the TX call, the result of my action item to follow up with the TC Admin on the use of the designated cross-reference change process is this:

We should modify our references to work-in-progress to identify the level of the specification we are referring to. For example, where we currently say:

[WSTrust]                   WS-Trust 1.4, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200802

[WSCOOR]        Web Services Coordination (WS-Coordination) 1.2, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/06, OASIS, January 2008

we should instead say:

[WSTrust]                   OASIS Committee Draft 01, WS-Trust 1.4, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200802, June 2008

[WSCOOR]        OASIS Public Review Draft, Web Services Coordination (WS-Coordination) 1.2, http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/06, May 2008

At Committee spec stage, our internal cross-references will be to other committee specifications but we might still refer to WS-Trust 1.4 Public Review Draft. We would have a ballot to approve CS drafts without any designated cross-reference changes and to advance to OASIS Standard with designated cross-reference changes.
If the OS member ballot passed but the referenced spec (e.g. WS-Trust) lagged by 4 months then during that 4 month period the published latest version of WS-TX would be the CS but would automatically be replaced by an OS containing the changed cross references once the referenced specs were finalized.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

Unless stated otherwise above:

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature