Subject: RE: [ws-tx] WS-TX telecon on Nov 10 - cancel?

TC members - can I suggest we discuss this initially by mail and bring it to a TC meeting when we have anything that would be more efficient to get together on the phone. Since we have no technical business to discuss I'll go ahead and cancel this week's meeting. If we need a TC meeting to bring this discussion to a close before May then we can schedule that.

What is the feeling of other TC member over whether we should remain in our current maintenance mode vs closing the TC with the expectation that a new TC could be chartered to address any bugs raised in the future?

As noted by Martin, the TC Process states:
2.16 Maintenance Activity of OASIS Standards Final Deliverables

(1) Only one TC at a time may perform a Maintenance Activity on an OASIS Standards Final Deliverable.

(2) Maintenance Activity on an OASIS Standards Final Deliverable is always within the scope of the TC that created the deliverable, whether or not the TC's Charter explicitly references it.

(3) Maintenance Activity on an OASIS Standards Final Deliverable may be done by a TC other than the TC that originated the deliverable, if: (a) the name of the OASIS Standards Final Deliverable to be maintained is listed as a deliverable in its Charter, and (b) if the originating TC is not closed, it has consented to the Maintenance Activity by a Special Majority Vote.

Regards,

Ian

From:        Martin Chapman <MARTIN.CHAPMAN@ORACLE.COM>
To:        Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB, ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        26/10/2011 13:00
Sent by:        <ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org>

Ian,

How about discussing the closure of the TC? The specs were approved early 2009, and so far no bugs or errors have been reported. In addition, new provisions in the TC process[1] allows a different TC to take up maintenance activity of another TC, so if we do close down and bugs are filed we are no longer snookered.

Cheers,
  Martin.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#maintenanceActivity