wsbpel-comment message

Subject: auctionService.wsdl example does not validate

Hi all,

I am currently trying to get the XML Schemas for WSDL, PartnerLinkType,
WS-Addressing and BPEL4WS (1.1-May) into JAXB and/or Castor object
models.

Unfortunately, I encountered several problems with both the
auctionService.wsdl and loanApproval.wsdl examples (extracted from the
1.1 May specification) as they don't seem to be valid. I verified the
files with the W3C/LTG Online XML Schema Validator:

http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv?docAddrs=http%3A%2F%2Fthomanski.de%2FauctionService.wsdl&style=offline
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv?docAddrs=http%3A%2F%2Fthomanski.de%2FloanApproval.wsdl&style=offline

The auctionService.wsdl makes use of bpws:property and
bpws:propertyAlias which are not defined. Looking at the BPEL4WS
specification I found the validator's complaints to be valid, so I think
the example needs to be updated. Is this correct?

Also it says the partnerLinkType definition is not allowed in the WSDL
(which is where loanApproval.wsdl fails, too). I've read about the WSDL
1.1 extensibility mechanism (without fully understanding it) according
to which it should be possible to introduce additional definitions (such
as partnerLinkType), so I don't understand why the validator complains.
Can anybody here shed some light on this?

Thomas