wsbpel-comment message

Subject: Re: [wsbpel-comment] auctionService.wsdl example does not validate

> > Also it says the partnerLinkType definition is not allowed in the WSDL
> > (which is where loanApproval.wsdl fails, too). I've read about the WSDL
> > 1.1 extensibility mechanism (without fully understanding it) according
> > to which it should be possible to introduce additional definitions (such
> > as partnerLinkType), so I don't understand why the validator complains.
> > Can anybody here shed some light on this?
> Any thoughts on this would still be greatly appreciated!
[talking to self]
Closer inspection of the WSDL 1.1 Schema revealed that extensions to the
definitions element must be added before standard elements, i.e.

<definitions ...>
	<!-- extensions -->
	<partnerLinkType .../>
	<partnerLinkType .../>

	<!-- standard elements -->
	<message ... />
	<message ... />

	<portType ... />
</definitions>

The spec. examples usually list the extensions after the standard
elements which is why the validation fails. I'd like to ask you to
correct the examples for the 1.2 version of BPEL4WS (or the June edition
of 1.1 ;).

I also encountered several errors when trying to validate
auctionService.bpel
	- variableAccessSerializable is an unexpected attribute
	  on <process>
	- ars:RegistrationService does not satisfy the QName
	  type (should be as:RegistrationService, but this
	  element is not defined in as)
	- 3 x toPartnerLink is an unexpected attribute of <to>
	- variable is an unexpected attribute of <to>

The (unexpected) variable attribute of <to> also appears in
loanApproval.bpel, I haven't checked any other examples.

Regards,
Thomas