wsbpel-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: bbick@synergyinc.com

I am responsible for guiding the strategic direction of workflow standards within my company and I believe that the WfMC standards (XPDL, Wf-XML, etc.) are more robust than the BPEL standard since they provide administrative functions that are missing from BPEL. For example, the WfMC standards address:

            1) Managing workflow process definitions (e.g. adding/deleting/modifying a workflow process definition)

            2) Monitoring workflow process execution (e.g. determining when state transitions occur)

            3) Others…

Q. Do you know whether the WfMC capabilities are being addressed within the context of BPEL? Perhaps companies will utilize BPEL and Wf-XML?

Any insight would be much appreciated.