wsbpel-dev message

Subject: Is the BPEL specification wrong with this?

Hi,

Under 10.3 BPEL 2.0: the input/output variable of an invoke can be an element type, when the message of the operation has only one part. But actually, when I try to define an input variable from element type to test, I've got an error when starting the ODE:

"error: [MessageVariableRequired] Cannot use non-message variable "TravelBookingInput" in this context (message variable is required)."

Do Anyone experience with this? If the BPEL specification is wrong (the input/output variable must ONLY be a message type). Or the ODE is wrong? Or maybe I  misunderstand the specifications?

Please help

10.3 BPEL 2.0:
"the variables referenced by inputVariable and outputVariable MUST be messageType variables whose QName matches the QName of the input and output message type used in the operation, respectively, except as follows: if the WSDL operation used in an <invoke> activity uses a message containing exactly one part which itself is defined using an element, then a variable of the same element type as used to define the part MAY be referenced by the inputVariable and outputVariable attributes respectively."